[Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue May 12 16:56:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

would you please stop top-posting? Thanks!

Yingjie Lan wrote:
> Changing features dramatically could cause a lot of troubles. I wonder if
> everybody will be happy with this:
>
> Simply allow 'class MyClass' to be equivalent to 'cdef class MyClass' when
> appropriate (e.g. when the body of the class contain some 'cdef'
> statements).

"contain cdef statements" is not a suitable criterion by itself, as both
types of classes have differences that users must be aware of.

This is a possible optimisation we discussed in Cython, though. I don't
remember what became of it, but I guess it was too far off back then and
still not trivial today.