[Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 17:24:20 CEST 2009

--- On Tue, 5/12/09, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:

> From: Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>
> Subject: Re: [Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex
> To: lanyjie at yahoo.com
> Cc: pyrex at lists.copyleft.no
> Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 6:56 PM
> Hi,
>
> would you please stop top-posting? Thanks!

Sure, with pleasure, I did not know this is not polite.
Thanks for pointing this out.

> Yingjie Lan wrote:
> > Changing features dramatically could cause a lot of
> troubles. I wonder if
> > everybody will be happy with this:
> >
> > Simply allow 'class MyClass' to be equivalent
> to 'cdef class MyClass' when
> > appropriate (e.g. when the body of the class contain
> some 'cdef'
> > statements).
>
> "contain cdef statements" is not a suitable
> criterion by itself, as both
> types of classes have differences that users must be aware
> of.

I agree. Well, to be more specific, I would say that
it seems to me pyrex decides on each statement whether
to treat it as pythonic or native (c/c++). Then can we
say that we make this distinction between 'cdef class' and
'class' by checking if the class body contains any
statement treated as native?

yingjie