[Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 17:35:30 CEST 2009

> From: Yingjie Lan <lanyjie at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Pyrex] A couple of questions about pyrex
> To: "Stefan Behnel" <stefan_ml at behnel.de>
> Cc: pyrex at lists.copyleft.no
> Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 6:46 PM
> Changing features dramatically could cause a lot of
> troubles. I wonder if everybody will be happy with this:
>
> Simply allow 'class MyClass' to be equivalent to
> 'cdef class MyClass' when appropriate (e.g. when the
> body of the class contain some 'cdef' statements).

Think further down the road after that is done,
if some day we decided to use 'cdef class' for
private class definitions, then we can just provide
a simple tool that convert all 'cdef class' into 'class'
for stuff written for the previous versions of pyrex.
It is that simple. Just like what Python 3.0 did.

yingjie