[Pyrex] (no subject)

Kevin Conway kconway at emmes.com
Mon Feb 10 21:01:43 CET 2014

   I tried to build Pyrex 0.9.9 from the tarball on the website. The build appeared to run properly, and the egg_info file is updated, but the  resulting file /usr/local/bin/pyrexc is still 0.9.8.6, according to the result of /usr/local/bin/pyrexc -v.
   I tried copying in a 0.9.9 version of pyrexc from another similar machine, but then .../pyrexc -v fails with errors.
   The two machines are Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS  and  Ubuntu 13.04 respectively, and both have Cloud Biolinux installed. We installed an application package RSeQC successfully on the older machine, but the installation failed on the newer machine. The only related software that was older on the newer machine was Pyrex (0.9.8.6 versus 0.9.9). This matched the error messages from the RSeQC build, where some lines of Python code had syntax errors when compiled with pyrexc. Thus, I tried installing Pyrex 0.9.9 on the newer machine, but the pyrexc file is still 0.9.8.6, and the RSeQC build is still failing.
   Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. If more information would help, just let me know. Googling this problem hasn't turned up much. I am also trolling through the CloudBiolinux web site. My notes are included below:

downloaded and built Pyrex 0.9.9
   but ended up with pyrexc 0.9.8.6
   here are the build results
      ###@#####:/home/####/Pyrex/Pyrex-0.9.9#<mailto:###@#####:/home/####/Pyrex/Pyrex-0.9.9#> python setup.py install
      running install
      running build
      running build_py
      running build_scripts
      running install_lib
      running install_scripts
      changing mode of /usr/local/bin/pyrexc to 755
      running install_data
      running install_egg_info
      Removing /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Pyrex-0.9.9.egg-info
      Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Pyrex-0.9.9.egg-info
   egg-info says 0.9.9
      but pyrexc is 0.9.8.6
      and build of RSeQC fails as before