[Pyrex] (no subject)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Feb 11 01:05:53 CET 2014

Kevin Conway wrote:
> Is it OK to just respond to your email, or
> should I be responding to the list explicitly somehow?

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that the original message was from
the list, and I think I may have just replied to you.
Normally I answer list questions on the list so that
others can benefit from the answers, but my mail client
is unfortunately not very smart about that sort of thing.
I'm putting it back on the list now.

>    And here is the version 0.9.8.6 pyrexc from our newer machine:
>
> cat /usr/local/bin/pyrexc
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
>
> #
> #   Pyrex -- Main Program, Unix
> #
>
> from Pyrex.Compiler.Main import main
> main(command_line = 1)

How exactly did you install Pyrex 0.9.9?

I suspect that you have more than one version of Python
installed, and whatever method you used resulted in
Pyrex getting put into a different Python from the one
that /usr/bin/python runs.

--
Greg