[Loom-devel] Re: Can you set up this CVS account?

Iain ih at csd.abdn.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 22:26:06 CET 2000

> I noticed, it looks good so far.

Thanks. I just wish it would do something :)

> That sounds good. If we're doing this right, the map (which is a structure in
> itself that we haven't really thought about) should probably be a model in a
> MVC architecture, so that the programmer can poke them map using some
> function calls, and have that change reflected in the display.

Yeah, that can come into our clean/dirty functionality. Change a single
tile and it'll mark the thing as dirty.

> That's probably enough for now. I'm thinking at the very least one callback
> pointer, "event", which can be called if something happens on that tile (a
> unit enters, a unit leaves, a unit attacks, whatever). Perhaps we should have
> more callbacks, but at least one is needed (we can send an event structure as
> an argument to that callback).

At the moment I'm not sure that we want to add events. I'm thinking that
unit movement should maybe be abstacted to a higher level than the map
drawing things, for at least the time being. The reasoning is, that if we
want things to be as generic as possible, things like moving are specific
to game types. what do you think?

iain