[PP-main] A W3C standard for syndication?

Nick Lothian Lothian.Nicholas at lmsol.com.au
Mon Mar 13 07:51:21 CET 2000

I just came across this (dated 26 October 1998):
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-ice

Information and Content Exchange Protocol

Abstract

"This document describes the Information and Content Exchange protocol for
use by content syndicators and their subscribers. The ICE protocol defines
the roles and responsibilities of syndicators and subscribers, defines the
format and method of content exchange, and provides support for management
and control of syndication relationships. We expect ICE to be useful in
automating content exchange and reuse, both in traditional publishing
contexts and in business-to-business relationships."

A (very) quick read seemed to indicate that it is basically what we are
trying to do.

Comments?

Nick