[Pyrex] New Distutils implementation for Pyrex.

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Aug 3 15:41:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

Billy G. Allie wrote:
> I've implesmentd a new version of
> buld_ext.py and created a version of core.py and extension.py.

first thing I noticed when running a patched Cython: setuptools break. They
already patch into distutils, so the patching in your code doesn't work. I
would prefer doing without changes to core.py and extensions.py. AFAICT, this
removes the support for configuring import directories at the Extension level.

Alternatively, we could also import things from setuptools first and only fall
back to distutils. However, this would bug people who have setuptools
installed and want to build with distutils (for whatever reason, don't know
how common that is).

I'll take a deeper look into this.